Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Let’s Not Talk Too Much

“I may be crazy, don’t mind me. Say ‘Boy, let’s not talk too much…” maybe I’m a little too ready for tonight’s Ed Sheeran concert at Petco Park, but before I head to work to ensure that everyone attending the ‘Loop Tour’ is safe and security, I will be on a speaking panel at the San Diego Corporate Security Symposium hosted by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). 

I’m always willing to share my experiences and my lessons learned with others. I know that no two people or situations are the same and the things that I experienced in my life, and careers in the military and sports WILL be different, but always willing to share. I have been extremely gifted and I’m truly appreciative of my parents, children, family, friends, peers, leaders and those that I led, for the amazing life that I’ve lived and continue to live.


I never imagined riding a camel
in the middle of Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan
February 2005


When I was a kid, I dreamed of accomplishing so much, and even though I’m not the Park Ranger or an Elected Official’s Chief of Staff that I thought I would be when I was a child, I did accomplish and experience so much of what I wanted - and more!


One of my Childhood Dreams was to work at
The White House - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
August 18, 2017


I never imagined being selected to be in the best military unit in the World, never thought I would live in Hawaii or go to war. Working in the Front Office of two Major League Baseball teams and making innovative improvements to how sports security is conducted is all a dream!


Surfing daily in Hawaii was my thing
August 17, 2007


Last week, I was once again invited to share my sports industry experiences with special operations veterans that have transitioned out of the military and participated in The Honor Foundation program. Many people speak of the transition from military to civilian life, but many don’t realize the transformation that must take place once you’re back in the civilian life…some parts I still struggle with today. 


Something that has helped me with my transformation is the connection that I have with Federal, State and Local Inter-agencies. During my time at the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), I worked closely with several of the agencies that I work with in my daily duties with the San Diego Padres. 


Briefing DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (DHS CISA)
Acting National Director, Nick Anderson at Petco Park.
July 9, 2026

Today’s discussion that I will speak on is ‘Securing the Global Stage: Protecting Mass Gatherings and Pubic Spaces for Large Events.’ I always get asked how I am able to protect the approximately 40,000 guests coming to Petco Park every Padres game or full-venue concert - it’s simple, a collaborative network of Federal, State and Local Agencies; Security Partners and Technology Companies; and San Diego’s Sports & Entertainment Security Professionals…I call it - ‘THE FAITHFUL COMMUNITY’


The party’s on, so they’re heading downtown.” - Beautiful People, Ed Sheeran

No comments:

Post a Comment