Monday, July 27, 2026

A Marathon To Go!

Today’s weigh-in reminded me that weight-loss is a marathon, and not a sprint. It’s a journey of changing your habits into something more healthy, and in the 6-weeks that I’ve been on this journey, I’ve maintained my goal of averaging two pounds of weight loss per week. To date, I’ve lost a total of 14.6 lbs, losing another 2.8 lbs this week, and bringing me 26.2 lbs short of my goal weight!

I found it funny - last week at my chiropractor appointment; the doctor was telling me about some stretches and movements I should do when I run my next marathon…I was like  “my marathon running days are over!” She said “you’ll do another one!” No explanation - just a statement and the subject changed.

I’ve ran countless marathons in the peak of my running days, with hopes of even qualifying for the Boston Marathon - a couple times almost reaching the requirement. Her statement brought back so many memories of me running marathons and half-marathons throughout the World. Each race has their own uniqueness and charm.

Running the Honolulu Marathon - Afghanistan in December 12, 2004

You know what wasn’t a charm, this heat and humidity hitting San Diego right now. My son told me that he’d rather have this than rain. However, the Seattle Reign came into Snapdragon Stadium for an afternoon match against the San Diego Wave yesterday, and totally controlled the match. The San Diego Wave is in it’s fifth season in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL), and attracts a great showing of support from the community. Yesterday’s match saw the crowd huddling under any and all shaded areas, and as the match carried on to the later minutes, the crowd dispersed early - definitely unusual for a San Diego crowd.
The San Diego Wave vs Seattle Reign Match, July 26, 2026

I also left before the 90th minute, and figured I’d cool off and head to the nearby Costco to grab some food and items for the week. It wasn’t just my idea, but a hundred other Wave fans did the same - SD Wave attire everywhere!

Its fun to see how supportive this community is of it’s team - win or lose, San Diego truly has a faithful following. You know what else is awesome about this community - the Public Libraries! I ended up seeing a TikTok about the San Diego City Public Libraries and all the benefits that residents get from being free library members and I was shocked! I ended up jumping on the Library's website, and ended up spending a couple hours exploring all the free stuff that we can benefit from - access to museums, the zoo, educational course, video streaming and so much more. If you haven’t taken advantage of your local library - you probably should - especially when we’re all looking for free or cheap things to do to explore our city.

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment