Between speaking at The Department of Homeland Security’s San Diego Corporate Security Symposium; followed by a sold out Ed Sheeran Concert; beginning Wednesday with a Vets2Industry session regarding the Sports Industry; followed by meetings to prepare for next week’s Padres homestand; then Comic-Con prep; and the beginning of the re-sod of the field at Petco Park.
Talk about a lot!
I was able to squeeze in a little personal time on Wednesday night too. I had the opportunity to listen to a conversation with Brad Bird and Michael Giacchino at UC San Diego. Michael is an Oscar, Grammy, and Golden Globe-winning composer for many of the movies that two-time Academy Award-winning filmmaker Brad Bird directed, such as The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, and Incredibles 2. The discussion along with the performance of some of the music was an absolutely perfect way to break up the busy week, especially after a full Tuesday!
Tuesday began with the DHS Corporate Security Symposium that brought private and public sector security professionals from San Diego County together to continue efforts to keep our properties, people and environment safe and secure. I had the privilege of being on a speaker panel that discussed how to protect large special events and gatherings. It was such an awesome discussion and where I focused on the local efforts and how we work as a “Faithful Community” to keep it safe and secure.
I quickly left after my discussion to head back to Petco Park for our Ed Sheeran concert and let me say - such a phenomenal event. I didn't have the opportunity to hear too much of Ed’s music, but was able to pop out and listen to one of his openers and great artist, Myles Smith. Another great night in San Diego.
Comic-Con 2026 is here in San Diego and if you don’t like crowds or traffic - stay away from Downtown and the Gaslamp District. I first experienced Comic-Con last year and had such a blast. I quickly discovered it was more than comic books, DC and Marvel - it about Fandom! Fandom of what? You name it - it’s here! Love American Horror Story - an activation is available. You love Maruchan Instant Lunch Noodles - there’s a place for you! Like Paramount+ Shows - got it! Heard about the movie Nimrods - might have a good pop-up opportunity today….the list goes on! You don't need a ticket to do the countless activations outside the ticketed San Diego Convention Center - so explore - have fun - drink plenty of water - and expect heavy crowds and line longs - but it’s worth it!!
HAPPY COMIC-CON!





No comments:
Post a Comment