I’ve traveled to many places throughout the World - even places I’ve never wanted to go. Each has their own uniqueness, pros, and cons.
People often ask me what city is my favorite, but that’s so difficult. Every person's experiences are different. Different weather, different crowds, different people you’re traveling with, and so on.
But, I'll say that Cardiff, Wales and San Diego, California are my favorites.
![]() |
| Inside the Ray Gravell Suite (Press Conference Room) at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, Home of the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) March 12, 2017 |
San Diego isn’t lying when its proclaims itself as ‘America’s Finest City!’
You’ll experience quite possibly the best Mexican Food in the U.S.; countless breweries; one of a kind bars with signature cocktails that will leave you thirsty for more; and the perfect weather. There are also amazing beaches, lots of sports, state of the art museums, peaceful parks, and a healthy living.
I guess in my first twenty months living here, I experienced San Diego a little too well! I truly enjoyed the amazing food and drinks, while also gaining an additional 20 pounds (1.4 stones in British weight).
Yikes!
![]() |
| Enjoying some beverages of choice at Part Time Lover in San Diego's North Park neighborhood Dec. 9, 2024 |
Today, marks five weeks since I’ve been back on a weight loss journey - ensuring I’m ‘closing my rings’ getting in at least 10k steps daily, eating a little better, and slowly running again! I’m not taking Ozempic or any other GLP-1 (The Veterans Affairs states I don’t qualify) - just doing it on my own with all of your support!
I have a goal of losing 2 lbs per week, until Major League Baseball’s (MLB) Fall Meetings in November, which will be in Chicago (I don’t want to look fat in my ‘1st Trip to Chi-Town’ Pics).
That will put me at a 40 lb weight loss.
I weigh myself on Mondays to ensure the weekends don’t get away - as of today, I’m down 11.8 lbs. That puts me 1.8 lbs ahead of schedule and gets me excited!
If you have any tips or stories to share - please share them in the comments!
Happy Monday All & Congrats to Spain!
![]() |
| Enjoying a Run at Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve in Huntington Beach, California July 17, 2026 |



No comments:
Post a Comment